Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Italian Seasoning Mix

I've had several recipes on my "let's try" list, but have yet to make them because although I have a fairly diverse and full spice selection, I don't have anything labeled "Italian Seasoning".  A bit ridiculous to not make something, but there it is.  I did a little googling this weekend, and found a wide range of mixtures, but all had some common threads.  After deciding to choose the flavors we like best and combining several recipes this is what we came up with.  Success!




Italian Seasoning Mix
Ingredients:
  • 3 T dried parsley
  •  3 T dried basil  
  • 3 T dried oregano (most recipes include less, but although this is an Italian mix, I'm still Greek and just can't give up the oregano...) 
  • 1 t dried thyme
  •  1 T garlic powder
  • 1 t onion powder
  • 1 t dried rosemary
  • 1/4 t black pepper
  • Mix all ingredients together.  Can us as is, or chop in a food processor or spice grinder.
  • Store in airtight container. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...