Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Cherry Greek Yogurt Coffee Cake

Don't you just love a good coffee cake?  I have to say, this one's a keeper for sure!  Typically it's made with cranberries and not cherries, but even though I searched high and low, no cranberries were to be had, fresh or frozen, in all of Indianapolis. I guess it's too early in the season??  So, Plan B went into action.  I love the cherry mix from Costco with my morning Greek yogurt, so figured it would make a great coffee cake combination, too.


Cherry Greek Yogurt Coffee Cake
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 sticks butter, softened
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 t vanilla
  • 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (can sub vanilla or even 1/2 plain, 1/2 citrus)
  • 2 cups frozen cherry mix
  • 1/4 t salt
  • 1 t baking powder
  • 2 c flour
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Liberally grease Bundt pan.
  • Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.  (I use my KitchenAid.)
  • Add eggs and vanilla until combined well.
  • Add dry ingredients until combined, careful not to over mix.
  • Gently add Greek yogurt some of the cherries.
  • Pour half batter into pan, top with remaining cherries, and then top with remaining batter.
  • Bake for 50-60 minutes, until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
  • Cool in pan before trying to invert on to plate.  (Just trust me on this one....I speak from experience.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...