Friday, April 10, 2015

Five on Friday [Good Friday]

Today I'm just popping in for a quick hello.  I'm breaking the rules and not sharing five on this Holy Day.  (Yesterday I explained the why Orthodox Easter is on a different date than Western Easter.) 

Instead this morning I will be joining the ladies of my church to decorate the Kouvouklion (Christ's Tomb).  It is truly one of my very favorite experiences of the year, followed by the evening candlelit funeral service of Christ. 


The decorated Kouvouklion from years past (obviously before we completed the Iconography.)


The empty tomb from last year's Anastasi Service.

This year's Kouvouklion
Every parish chooses to decorate their Kouvouklion differently, some choosing to limit the colors to white and purple, as my parish does, and some choose to use big, bright blooms.  Each is lovely. 

Wishing all my Greek friends a very Blessed Easter weekend.  Καλή Ανάσταση



Darci, Christina, Natasha, and April 
Καλή Ανάσταση!  Kali Anastasi!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for buzzing by! I look forward to hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...